NDT PERSONNEL LEVEL AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sering kita bingung dan kurang paham apa sih tugas dan tanggung jawabnya NDT personnel pada project project yang membutuhkan tenaga mereka…
Kalau kita kurang hati hati dan kurang paham tentang tugas dan responsibilities mereka ini kadang bisa bikin malu, jngan sampai seorang QC atau welding inspector minta NDT level II buat bikin procedure, atau sebaliknya jangan sampai NDT company mensubmitt NDT procedure yang dibuat oleh NDT level II karena hal tersebut bukan wewenang mereka.
Dibawah ini adalah definisi dan tugas tugas para NDT personnel …
NDT Level 1
An individual certified to NDT Level 1 may be authorized to:
· Set up the equipment
· Carry out NDT operations in accordance with written instructions under the supervision of Level 2 or Level 3 personnel
· Perform the tests
· Record the conditions and date of the tests;
· Classify, with prior written approval of a Level 3, the results in accordance with documented criteria, and report the results.
· An individual certified to Level 1 is not to be responsible for the choice of the test method or technique to be used.
NDT Level 2
An individual certified to NDT Level 2 may be authorized to perform and direct non destructive testing in accordance with established or recognized procedures. This may include:
· Defining the limitations of application of the test method for which the Level 2 individual is qualified
· Translating NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into practical testing instructions adapted to the actual working conditions
· Setting up and verifying equipment settings
· Performing and supervising tests
· Interpreting and evaluating results according to applicable codes, standards and specifications
· Preparing NDT instructions
· Carrying out or supervising all Level 1 duties
· Training or guiding personnel below Level 2,
· Organizing and reporting results of non destructive tests
NDT Level 3
An individual certified to NDT Level 3 may be authorized to direct any operation in the NDT method(s) for which he is certified. This may include:
· Assuming full responsibility for an NDT facility and staff
· Establishing and validating techniques and procedures
· Interpreting codes, standards, specifications and procedures
· Designating the particular test methods, techniques and procedures to be used for specific NDT work
· Interpreting and evaluating results in terms of existing codes, standards and specifications
· Managing qualification examinations, if authorized for this task by the certification body
· Carrying out or supervising all Level 1 and Level 2 duties.